Vegas Baby!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Since my last post, I’ve been busy and didn’t have internet access.  :(
We came home from Atlanta on Wednesday. I worked Thursday for 4 hours and then I went to the airport for the second trip.  The flight to Vegas was uneventful. I sat in first class and watch We Bought a Zoo movie.  It was cute.  I got my bag, rented the car and headed to Target for birthday gifts.  I stopped at In and Out Burger and then went to the Excalibur.  Not too exciting of a night.  I was by myself the first night so I was lonely. I was in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9.
I woke up early Friday morning and went to the airport to pick up Samantha. Her flight got in at 7am.  I drove her down the Strip so she could see all the cool hotels and then I took her out to Red Rock Canyon.  We did the scenic drive and even did some hiking in the rocks. It was fun. We stopped at Target so she could pick some things and we waited at the hotel until Carrie’s flight arrived.
After picking up Carrie, we went straight to Hoover Dam. It was just as cool as it was in December but the temperature was not. It was 120 degrees down there.  HOT! We went back to the hotel and went swimming, then In and Out Burger (again) and cruised the strip.  We walked down to the Luxor and Mandalay Bay and then headed to Bellagio for the dancing waters and then made our way back to the Excalibur. It was quite a long walk. 
Saturday we started out at the Rio for the longest buffet.  After that we checked out the M&M World and Coke World. Samantha and I rode the New York, New York Rollercoaster.  We drove down to the Mirage and went for a gondola ride at the Venetian, had dinner at the Palazzo and watched the flaming volcano at the Mirage.
Sunday we packed up Samantha and drove first to the Welcome to Las Vegas sign and then to Pahrump for the birthday party for Allista, Gerald and William.  They had it at this Bounce place with indoor bouncing stuff. It was fun.  We hung out at the house after that until we had to leave to take Samantha to the airport.  After that Carrie and I just stayed around the Excalibur.  She had an early, early morning flight so we didn’t do too much.
Monday I dropped Carrie off at the airport at 5am and went back to the hotel and slept another couple hours. After I checked out, I meet a friend of mine that I used to work with who was also in Vegas.  I met her and her friend at the Caesar’s Palace.  It is so beautiful inside there!  It was nice to see her again. After lunch, I high tailed it back to the rental car place and back to the airport for my flight home.  While in security I was chatting with this nice guy from Newark, NJ and he asked me to join him in the United’s club.  Free food, internet and comfy chairs…heck ya!  I watched Joyful Noise and had a great meal and before I knew I was back in MSP.  It was so nice to be home and in my own bed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment