Day 31 - A picture of a tradition you have

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Every year we go to my hometown parish, Saints Peter and Paul’s Fall Festival. I don’t think I have ever missed it. It almost seems like that would be a sin. The day is full of tradition. Early in the morning Mike, Danielle and I drop off the cake, pies and tickets. At around 10 am we go back up to play some games and try and win some stuff and of course stand in line for the awesome dinner. First stop, sucker pull for cakes, if your sucker has a pink bottom you win! I think we spend about $40 to win a cake (or two) every year. We stop at the bake sale booth for my Cheese Coffee Cake on our way to try our luck on Roll Out the Barrel (root beer barrels wrapped in aluminum foil, get a number you win). We don’t really ever have any luck there either. After that Eric (and sometimes me if I’m nice), stands in line for the awesome take out dinner. We see the usually suspects in line like my friend Sandy.  We usually do take-out because the dinners are so huge we share them. After devouring our dinners at Mom’s house it’s time to go back up to the festival for Bingo…3 hours of Bingo. I get sick of it but my mom sits there for the entire time. This year she was playing her Bingo card AND doing pull tabs (can we say gambling problem???). Eric gets his annual strawberry shake from the dairy booth and we have our annual popcorn. Like I said we have this event down pat. After bingo we head back to Mom’s to pack our stuff and head back to the festival for the Polka dance. It is such a busy day, but so much fun. It is seriously an all day affair from 8am with dropping off cakes, pies and tickets until 9pm and the end of the dance and drawing.  And it is one of my favorite traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment