Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day! I go in phases where I read a lot (like in November/December) and then I stop.  Right now I’m in the anti-reading mode (I have Brothers and Sisters to watch over and over again!) I generally like biographies (Judi Dench, JFK, Bush, Roosevelt, etc) and true stories.  I occasionally go for the smut like a Nicolas Sparks book.  But it seems like his story lines start to overlap and it’s the same thing over and over, death, love, pain.  Favorite book…I could be a good Catholic girl and say the Bible, but I’m not. I’m actually going to pick a book that should probably be banned by the Catholic Church – The Thornbirds.  I know it seems like a strange choice but I loved the book and have read it many times.   It is a great epic saga.  (and  Richard Chamberlain as Father Ralph de Bricassart…yum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment