Grand Canyon Surprise

Friday, January 2, 2015

Today we woke up at 5 and decided it would be a go to the Grand Canyon. I saw that I-40 was reopened in Arizona. We headed out early for the long 4 hour drive. I’m so glad we did. It was a sad day for me, I constantly was thinking of Eric and all his family at Dan's funeral. I made the mistake of watching the video of memories on the drive. I cried a lot! 

The drive was bit stressful at times with the bad roads but thankfully they were inside the park. All the roads to the park were good. It is amazing how many people were visiting. It was crazy! We stopped just outside the park in Williams, AZ. (Isn't that a great name for a town???) :) It is the last town bypassed by I-40. See they even have a sign that tells you that:

Grand Canyon has Snow!
So I think it is pretty awesome they got a foot of snow because that means my pictures are awesome. What an amazing place!  We started out driving 25 miles to Desert View with the watchtower. I love the watchtower. You could tell they got a lot of snow. We saw 3 cars in the ditch over the 25 miles. Our roads looked like this:


But the drive was worth it for this:



We slowly made our way back to the main area and the visitor center. Here are pictures taken along the way:







We stopped at Wendy’s in Grand Canyon Village and drove back to Las Vegas. We didn’t get back until after 7pm. I was so happy to relax in the room and do nothing else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment