December 2014 Recap

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Runs: 13          
Miles: 42.6
Races: 2 (Reindeer 5K - 33:38; Resolution Run 5K 35:20)
Outdoors: 11
Indoors: 2
Longest: 7 miles
Average Pace: 12:05

December started out great. The weather was nice for the most part so I could run outside more than November. I did some good long runs of 6.5 and 7 miles. But like every December, the Christmas season took over with overeating and not running as much and so I gained weight which I think is the main driver of my slower pace this month. Also two longer runs also slowed me down. 

I had two races this month, Reindeer Run the first Saturday and Resolution Run in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve. Reindeer run was good. It was officially my fastest 5K as the others before it were not the full 5K length. My overall pace was 10:50! Woo Hoo! So that was good. 

Resolution Run was bad, I just wasn’t feeling it and I gained some weight, I was on vacation and I was not happy how cold it was…in VEGAS!

I managed to get to almost 43 miles. I’m surprised by that. My goal was 30. So I’m happy. But the last week of the month really disappointed me, I could have got to 50!

Trophies for December

I'm surprise there isn't a trophy for running on Christmas...I did that! But I got my Exra Frosting trophy for running on my birthday! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment