5 miles done, 500 or so to go

Saturday, January 10, 2015

I really struggled and actually took 8 days off from running. Monday we got home from Vegas and I wanted to relax. Tuesday I was exhausted after work and sat my butt on the couch for the night. Wednesday I thought about swimming but it was freezing cold so I didn’t do anything. Thursday it snowed and it took us 2 hours to get home and I didn’t want to run. Then January 9th came and I started to panic. Am I going to stop running again?  Am I going to become a lazy bum?

NO!
The answer is NO! I got off my butt and ran 2 miles at the community center. It was a struggle but I did it. Today I ran 3 miles at Eden Prairie High School track. I really like the track. 19.5 laps = 3 miles. I even brought Eric along. It felt good and I ran sort of fast considering.

2,015 Miles in 2015
So DJ and Brenda invited us to join their team for the 2015 Challenge. It requires that we, as a team, run/walk 2,015 miles this year. That comes to about 505 each. We can do this!

Races
I have registered us for races in April, September and December. I still need to register for the half marathon in May. I don’t know if I can do it. If you would have asked me on Monday-Thursday this week I would have said heck no. But today I thought maybe I could do this.

Other News
Mike had his hip replaced and is walking again. He said the hip doesn’t hurt but the incision hurts. He is already trucking on that new hip. Today we took the Christmas Tree down. Swirl was very depressed. He glared at us as he watched us take his toy away. I’m glad that I don’t have to deal with him puking up green stuff for another 11 months. That’s about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment