Concerts, Julifest, Twins and a Birthday

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wow! It has been a busy week!

Friday Night Lights
After work on Friday we went to the Twins game. They played the White Sox…they lost. It was such a horrible game we didn’t stay until the end because it was that bad. We even skipped out on fireworks!

Julifest
This weekend was our church’s annual Julifest. My mom and Aunt Bev came up for the weekend. We met Greg, Celeste and Evelyn at the Polka Mass and after that we went down to the tent for food and music. It was a good evening as always. We stayed until after 8pm and then went on a little road trip around the Shakopee area. It was a nice evening.

Cousins
Sunday we drove up to Columbia Heights to my cousins’ house for lunch and cards. It was good to see them again. It had been a year since we had last seen them. We played some cards and ate some really good spaghetti and had cake for Skip’s and Eric’s birthday.

Running
I had a nice long run Monday after work. I have to get ready for my 10K this weekend. Yikes! I did 4.5 miles and my pace was under 13 so I was happy. Hopefully I can pull out another 2 miles for Saturday. The funny thing is mile 3 was my fastest mile!  Here are the splits:

Concerts
Tuesday and tonight were concert nights. Yesterday’s was in Minnetonka and today’s was in Eden Prairie. We are done with band for the summer and to celebrate we had pie. Yum! I’m so happy to have a break!

Birthday!
Eric’s birthday was yesterday, poor guy, we always have a concert on his birthday! We stopped at Which Wich first for dinner and after the concert we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream with our friends Jenny and Nathan and their kids. He got tickets to a Vikings pre-season game and Doctor Who boxers. Hopefully Eric had a good day.

Before our concert tonight we stopped at Lion’s Tap for dinner with Greg, Celeste and Evelyn to celebrate Eric’s and Celeste’s birthday (August 1st).

That is about it from here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment