June 2014 Recap

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Runs: 12
Miles: 34.6
Races: 3 (Minneapolis Marathon Relay-cancelled; Lola’s 5K 36:04; & Insane Inflatable 5K - 47:01 (lots of obstacles))
Outdoors: All!
Indoors: None
Longest: 4 miles
Average Pace: 13:16

I’m not sure why my pace in April was so high! My pace for June was the same as May at 13:16 so I made no progress again! I’m so frustrated! June started out with the cancellation of the Minneapolis Marathon so I felt dejected from day one. Lola’s was a good race. It was raining and I still managed to get a PR with 36:04. I don’t foresee me getting faster than that, especially with my latest paces. One day I did a brick work out so I ran, biked than ran again. Also I did a 3 mile run in Seattle. I ran to the Space Needle and around the town before going back to the hotel. That was probably my most enjoyable run of the month. Insane Inflatable 5K was hard and with all the obstacles my pace was at 15:39 or something like that. I really hate those types of races. I like straight running. My longest run of 4 miles came on the last day of the month. 4 miles is not great but at least it is longer than 3! I am VERY disappointed with this month’s performance. I’m hoping the reason for this slowdown is the heat and humidity we have been experiencing lately.

Trophies for June 

No comments:

Post a Comment