What is wrong with me?

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Well I’ve really been failing in the running department this month. It seems I’m not out of my funk. May was bad with the long vacation but I ran 3 out of the 10 days and I ran over 4 miles each time. I came back from that vacation and did the Zombie Run which I didn’t really like and then the marathon on June 1st got cancelled and my motivation went out the window.  My longest run so far this month was a measly 3.25 miles. I haven’t even gone 4 miles and I did that 3 times while on vacation in May. What is wrong with me!

Aches and Pains
I think part of my problem is ever since I did that 7 mile run back in May, I haven’t been the same since. I used to be able out and run with no pain, no aches. It was great. But lately I have been having pain. And not just when I run, walking too. My big toes hurt (same problem as before), my knees hurt, my inner thigh hurts. My legs just hurt. I go out and I barely can finish 3 miles before my legs say no more. I tried to suffer through the pain but after 40 minutes of pain I can’t take anymore! I don’t have the IT band issues anymore (thanks to running outside and not around a continuous circle, I think.)

Motivation Problems
Like I said, after the marathon was cancelled my motivation went way down. I have lots of 5ks but nothing longer. I should sign up for another 10K so I get off of the 3 mile training kick. I considered doing the Elysian Triathlon but to be honest I’m not sure I could run 4 miles right now, especially after a bike ride. We (Eric, DJ and I) are doing it as a team instead. I’m doing the biking again. I really need to break through my biking fear. It really is what is holding me back from my own triathlon. It is a silly fear but I don’t want to do the walk of shame! (ie. Walking my bike up a hill.) I have a trainer and I’m going to pound miles on the bike this winter so hopefully I will have the confidence to bike longer and faster.

Heat and Humidity and Flooding
As much as I complained about this winter and how cold it was. I really want some of that back. My last couple runs have been horrible time wise and I felt horrible afterwards. It has been hot and humid and I’ve been suffering. Another problem is the flooding has really limited my shady places to run. My normal hot/humid route is down by the river under cover of trees. Well that isn’t happening anytime soon. The foot bridge to get to the path is completely submerged in a river/lake. You wouldn’t even know it was there. The last few runs I have gone over to the park but left in despair. That leaves me the paths around the house which are mostly exposed to the sun.


I’ll get back on the wagon again. Right now, I’m just having more running blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment