May 2014 Recap

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Runs: 11
Miles: 43.8
Races: 2 (Gorilla Run 5K 36:58 & San Francisco 10K - 1:33)
Outdoors: All!
Indoors: None
Longest: 7 miles
Average Pace: 13:16

The progress I made in April was washed away in May as my average pace dropped from 12:40 to 13:16. I started out strong in May with a PR at the Gorilla run and finally breaking the 37 minute mark with a strong finish. But from there it went downhill. My longest run was on May 5th where I did 7 miles in 1:36 for a 13:41 pace. That run killed me for a while and I could barely walk for a couple days. I got back at it with a short run before our trip. While in Aurora, CO we did two 4 mile runs on back-to-back days. I did ok on those but the elevation was hard. It took a mile to get used to it and not feel like I’m being suffocated to death. The next run was the San Francisco 10K which was really 6.75 miles. That was a hard race and I was not prepared for it. I walked a lot of it mostly because it had a 600 ft. elevation gain. Once back from vacation I went for a relatively quick 3 mile run and to top off the month was the Zombie Run. It was more of a hike because it was so hilly and there was no path. My pace with that run was over 19 minutes per mile so I’m sure that explains some of why my pace plummeted. I am disappointed with this month’s performance and it is the first month all year that I didn’t reach 50 miles.


Trophies for May

La Fiesta was for running on Cinco de Mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment