Hydration and Cinco de Mayo

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Well I purchased a new hydration pack for my running. I thought I would like it, but I'm not so sure after the first run with it. Monday after work was a beautiful day. I thought it was a perfect time to go on a long run, which I missed this past weekend, and try out my new hydration system. It didn’t go so well.  I got a 7 mile run in but my pace plummeted. I struggled to keep my overall pace for the run under 13:44 (the marathon relay time limit). I’m not sure what my problem was. I had water, which I desperately need on my last long runs and I had some salted nut rolls so I could keep my hunger at bay. It was great having the water and the salt nut rolls were great. But I don’t know what my time was so slow. Maybe I was having a bad day?  Possible, I did a fast run on Saturday at the Gorilla Run so maybe I was still recovering. Maybe it was the water pack. I really don’t know. I don’t want to wear it again but the thing was expensive so I have to give it another shot.

Also this week…
Sunday I took Mike and Mom to The Running Room to see if we could get Mike some new shoes. His shoes are in bad shape and he needs a good shoe that will support him. He bought some dry fit socks so that was a start but the store didn’t have shoes his size. After that Mike and I went for a 2 mile walk on the Minnesota River Bluff trails. It was nice to take him to a real trail away from traffic. A nice change of scenery. After our walk we had Subway for lunch and that was about it. It was a nice weekend with the family.

Biking around
After they left on Sunday, Eric and I went for a bike ride. We biked to Caribou Coffee for a hot chocolate. We couldn’t finish the drink so thankfully I have a 2nd bottle holder on my bike. That was a mistake…my bike, as well as myself, was covered in hot chocolate! Oh well. We only managed 9 miles.

Splits and Badges
So here are my splits…yuck! And my La Fiesta Badge for running on Cinco de Mayo. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment