Climbing the tree

Saturday, March 17, 2012





Today was a busy day for us.  I had my annual Eden Prairie District Band Festival Concert at EP High School. I think I've explained this before but there are 7 bands: 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th & 10th grade bands (yes there is a band for each grade!), the high school symphonic band and the community band.  Each group plays a song and then at the end we play a joint piece and Star and Stripes Forever.  Of course you have play Sousa!  We played an awesome piece the Gaelic Hymn (appropriate for St. Patty's Day).  It really is a fun concert for the most part but it is very crowded and chaotic.   And today, with the 80 degree heat all these bodies, it was VERY warm!  Here is a picture of my view.  There were just as many parents sitting behind me.  It was a packed gym.


Eric was watching Jenny's kids, Haley is 5 and Nicolas is 18 months.  Jenny plays oboe for the band.  Her kids love Eric.  He has watched them many times so they know him.  Haley loves playing Angry Birds and Office Jerk on his phone.  So they are easily entertained.  When we came back from the concert we found them in the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment