Saguaro National Park

Saturday, August 20, 2016

I was pleasantly surprised by our stop at Saguaro National Park just outside Tucson, AZ. For those that don't know, Saguaro is a very tall cactus. When I think of a cactus, these are what come to mind. But I didn't know what they were called. We drove the 2 hours from Phoenix to Tucson and over to the east side for this national park. This park is split into two areas on the west and east side of Tucson. We drove the 8 mile loop around the park. It was so cool. I strongly encourage people to check it out. It took us about an hour to check out the visitor center, watch the video and drive the loop. For more pictures click here: Saguaro National Park Pictures

After that we got on Interstate 10 for our three hour drive to Silver City, NM. This part of New Mexico is very depressing. The scenery is AMAZING but there are closed hotels and gas stations everywhere. It really looks like it has hit some hard times. Tomorrow we head to Gila Cliffs National Monument. It is 45 miles away but the drive takes 2 hours. Yikes!



Prickly Pear
Barrel Cactus
This one cracks me up. It looks like it is flipping me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment