Polka for Parkinson’s and 56 Years

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

This weekend was quite busy for us. We started off with the TC 5K on Saturday morning. After the run, which I did great, we made our traditional stop at Caribou Coffee for a breakfast sandwich and a hot chocolate.

Polka for Parkinson’s
We drove to Holmen to meet Mom and Nancy then went to Polka for Parkinson’s at the Moose Lodge in  LaCrosse. It is put on by a local hospital. Mollie B and Squeezebox were there …you know Mollie B from the Polka Party on RFD-TV. It was a big deal, she is famous! LOL!  It was good music and good food! After Mollie B, Eric and I went to 4pm Mass at a church nearby. I was shocked to see Father Kunz!  A priest that was at SMU and who also was at my home parish for years. It was so weird to see him again. I know he recognized Eric because at Communion he smirked at him. But being Eric, he snuck out after Mass and didn’t talk to him. We went back to the Polka for Parkinson’s but didn’t stay long as the other band wasn’t very good.

56 Years…
Sunday was a retirement party for my Aunt Betty Jane…56 years at Northern Investment Company. That is crazy.  I got to see family and friends and had a great meal. I ate at least 3 Special k bars. I’m surprised I didn’t gain 10 pounds! We hung out there for a while and eventually came home.


It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment