Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory

Friday, January 27, 2012

My life is filled with many great memories. I don’t want to have life pass me by without remembering most of it. I don’t want to be on my death bed full of regrets. With all the traveling I’ve done it would be easy to say they were all my favorite memory. Other events I hold dear to my heart are confirmation, graduations, etc. It is really hard to choose just one but instead of continuing on with my rambling my favorite memory is the day Eric and I got married. I’m not going to get all sappy with some wonderful love story, that isn’t my style and let’s be honest with Eric and me, there is no sappiness, no romance, no affection; we don’t hold hands, kiss in public or write “odes” or “limericks” to each other. (Eric will occasionally make up a silly songs and I did recently come up with a good limerick) But we love each other anyways. 
The wedding day was hot and humid. The church was hot and the priest insisted I was crying (I wasn’t, it was sweat…I swear). My dress was nice but so heavy I roasted. The bridesmaids looked beautiful in the burgundy dresses, even Danielle was in a dress. The Williams boys were smashing in their tuxes, but they still had that mischievous look (we have photos of them paying off Monsignor.) The music was great. All of our family and friends coming together was amazing. The food was delicious. The afternoon polka band was great…and don’t forget a bride playing trumpet and trombone on stage with the polka band (and then Mom and Dad too). Who has ever seen that? I didn’t think so. And then the evening dance which really wasn’t a dance but the longest American Idol audition ever. The DJ said she never had so many people doing Karaoke at a wedding. I think there were only 2 or 3 songs that were not karaoke. Eric’s brothers pulled me on stage and sang “I Lost That Love and Feeling” from Top Gun. I think this day qualifies as my MOST favorite memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment