Ocean is my calling

Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010 - 6:21 AM ET - Myrtle Beach.
It is 6:21 in the morning and I'm sitting on the deck waiting for the sunrise. But that doesn't happen for another 30 minutes. Why am I up so early then? I had a dream I missed it and woke up at 5:56 am in a panic. How lame! And of course my body says...I'm Up, I'm up why are you still in bed. So alas I'm out on the deck. Eating Golden Chocolate Oreos (first thing I could easily grab), drinking water, listening to the waves and writing. Awesome! Let see, Duke was interesting. Lots of skinny people running. The campus looks very regal. I suppose if you pay a fortune to go there you expect that. We tried to check out the chapel....but ran into a incident. There was a wedding but it was over by the time we got there. The bride and groom and all the guests were standing around outside and getting in the limo. So I, along with a bunch of other people went in the side door and were standing in the vestibule. This very rude woman said "You need to leave! You can't be in here there is still a wedding going on" (the church was empty they were all outside). She then said the wedding party still needs to take photos (you mean the dress fancy people that just got in the limo?) If I was cleaver I should have told her asked her if she was St. Peter at the Perily Gates! So I peaked inside...I didn't go up the steps or nothing I just turned my torso to see the main stain glass window and she pushed me! I'm like seriously women? get a grip. So anyways we all got kicked out....literally. I also was tempted to say...well it's no St. Peter's anyway so I'm not missing much...but I was nice about it. So we left Duke kind of late and headed south. I must say Google maps had us going some random route. My hubby and I were going a long Sunday drive on NC back roads and I mean back roads. But when I looked at the map, there really was no other way to go that didn't involve a lot more driving. Oh it is 5:39, the sun is suppose to rise in 13 minutes but it doesn't look like it! Very cloudy...hum...disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment