Not my camera! :-(

Friday, September 10, 2010

September 9, 2010 - 10:56 PM CT - MILWAUKEE -
Very sad day for me. We woke up very early to get to Mammoth Cave for the first tour of the day. Before the tour started I dropped my camera in water...ok I'll admit it, it fell out of my pocket into the toilet. Laugh if you must, I actually did at first. Yes it was clean water!!! But than I almost cry....well ok I did cry. My camera is toast. My precious camera, the thing I love more than life itself! After I freaked out, Eric calmed down and I realize I still have a camera on my phone. Granted the quality is pure crap, but none the less I can take pictures and that is what is the most important thing. So the pictures aren't up to my standards, but its the best I can do with what I have. So after that we drove up to Lincoln's Birthplace. That was cool, it was a school field trip day there so there were people dressed in period clothes and even a very life like Abe with the beard and all! But this also meant millions of little rug rats. Apparently I'm a teacher because I heard kids say Mrs. Williams all over the place. We stopped briefly in Louisville to see the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory with the gigantic bat outside the front. From there we made our way through Chicago (at rush hour no less) and made it to Dylan's apartment by 7:30...just in time to see the Vikings get smacked by the Saints. Boy this day as a whole pretty much sucked. Tomorrow we make our way home. Hooray. I can't wait to see Swirl again but that also means I'm one day closer to school. Oh yes, school again. I can't wait to be done. Ok, time for bed. Nighty Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment