…And Then the Gain

Monday, March 10, 2014

So I dropped another almost 2 pounds by Saturday morning. I went for a nice 3.6 mile run and then my weekend went to hell.  Food, Food, Food and no exercise means that my big drop was followed by the big gain.  I gained 2.2 pounds in two days.  Yikes!  And that included Saturday…where I did a 3.6 mile run. I over indulged this weekend and this morning I’m paying for it.

I also over indulged with my money...
So my mom, sister and Danielle and Bradley came up for the weekend. First stop was David’s Bridal to choose the bridesmaids’ dresses with all the bridesmaids, my mom, my sister, Danielle and Bradley’s mom, Dawn.  It was fun dress shopping after dropping 35 pounds. Hopefully I can keep the weight off. (I better, I ordered my dress!) And hopefully I can lose more.  They told me they can alter a dress up to 2 dress sizes. I highly doubt I’d get down to a size 12 by next March…especially after a weekend like this last one.  This is the winner. This is the actual color too.

After dress shopping we meet the guys (Bradley, his dad, brother and Eric) at Boston Market. It was delicious but I ate way too much! We shopped at REI where I bought a nice new jacket. I almost bought two because I couldn't decided which I liked better but thought I better not. I love the color. I can’t wait to wear it this weekend for the Get Lucky 7K . It is perfect for St. Patty’s Day. :)

We went home finally after all that and some played cards and some of us went bike shopping. Now the bike shopping was mostly for Bradley. He wanted to get a nice new mountain bike since his was stolen. We went to Penn and Erik’s. I walked out of Erik’s with a new bike, Bradley did not. Dang it I hate when that happens.  So my new bike will be here in 3 weeks. I got aero bars on it so I will look like a serious triathlete. Eric will use my other road bike. Here is my new carbon road bike, Specialized Ruby Sport. I can’t wait to ride it (in about 3 months because the snow will never melt).

We got home in time to change clothes and go out to eat. I ate too much…again.

Wedding Flowers...
Sunday we talked about what flowers to have for the wedding. Danielle isn’t much into flowers so she really didn’t know what to do.  I had to go to Walmart to get some fabric and she found flowers she likes. With a March wedding the thinking was flowers would be outrageous and she didn’t really care about it anyways.  So we got some flowers, some satin and ribbon and we made the bouquets.  It was a very productive weekend. 

Oh by the way, Bradley also got his bike. He bought it last night. And I of course can’t go into a bike shop and not buy anything so I bought a new bike too…just kidding but I bought a bike rack. LOL! Bradley and Danielle spent last night at our house. We played along with two games of The Newlywed Game on TV. Eric and I smoked them! I know we have 10 years on them but they were really cocky!

Here are the splits from my 3.6 miler.  I got faster at the end because I was no longer running on icy sidewalks and just went to the dry road.

Training Recap
Miles ran in 2014:  113 miles (only 287 miles left to go)
Week 25 Mileage: Swim = .5 miles; Bike = 0 miles; Run = 11.75 miles; Total = 12.25 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment