Polar Vortex 3.0

Thursday, February 27, 2014

I’m moving. I don’t know where or when but I’m moving. I’m sick of cold weather and snow and bad roads.  Seriously, it has been a week and some of the roads are still crap (icy and snow covered).  Frustrated!  We are in another cold snap. I think this is the 3rd time but it is hard to tell because it is the worse winter ever. Yesterday was 9 below in the morning. It warmed up to 18 degrees but the wind was around 30-50mph that it felt horrible. The wind mixed with the snow causing whiteout conditions on my drive home from the park and ride. Today it was 15 below with 35 below wind chill and the high for today is supposed to be 1 below. It is almost freaking MARCH.  What the heck is going on! And it isn’t going to get better the next 4 days have below zero mornings.  How am I supposed to run outside when it is 10 below!? At this point I’d be happy with 15 degrees and no wind! And March is only 2 days away. I told DJ that it will be 5 below for our 7K on March 15th...mark my words!

Speaking of running...
My IT band is wreaking havoc on my training.  I did 3 miles last night; the first 2 miles were great the last one sucked.  My leg really hurts. I used the foam roller last night and this morning and iced my leg at work. It better get better soon.  I have 3 more miles for Friday to get to 50 miles for February.  I’m lowering my goal for March because I’m going to take some time to heal my leg.  I won’t stop running completely but I’m going to do less days and possibly fewer miles. I can’t stop completely because I’d never start back up again and I have my weight loss goals to reach! I’m going to do more swimming in March since that should help reduce stress on my IT band. I think the main reason for my IT band problems is because of the weather. Since it has been so freaking cold and icy, I have been running a lot inside this past week.  I typically go on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays…and those days the track goes clockwise.  Because of volleyball and band, I can’t go Tuesdays and Thursdays which are the counterclockwise days. I think that is the biggest problem.  I’m running 42-56 laps one direction. And I it makes complete sense because it is my right leg’s IT band that hurts.  Weekends are also counterclockwise days but I try to go outside even if it is cold so that is why I think my IT band is inflamed. It is the weather’s fault…stupid weather.


I’m moving somewhere warmer…I just don’t know where.

No comments:

Post a Comment