Thank God it is Cold!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Words I thought I’d never utter but it is true.  Because of the super cold weather (polar vortex #2), Eden Prairie didn’t have school today so we didn’t have band practice.  Don’t get me wrong, I love band but this week has been so busy with work that I’m looking forward to an evening with nothing to do.

Sunday I went for a 4 mile run outside it felt great. My first mile was very fast and then I slowed considerably. I don’t know why I keep doing that. ARGH!  But anyways here are my splits:


It might be a while before I can run outside again. Look at the forecast for Sunday-Wednesday.  I wonder if they will have school on Monday.  LOL! 


We worked really late Monday so no working out for me.  Tuesday was volleyball at 9:15pm. I hate 9:15 games.  I have a hard time staying away for these games. I went to the community center for a run but I forgot my shoes and by the time I got home it was too late to go back before my game.  I was so upset, I came home and threw my hat and gloves and boots and keys on the floor and had a little temper tantrum. I laugh now because I was so upset because I culdn’t run.  What is wrong with me?  I can’t believe that I was mad. The old me would be “Yay, great excuse for not working out.”  I survived the volleyball game but didn’t fall asleep until almost midnight.

That means Wednesday was a long tiring day.  Another late day at work so I missed swimming.  :( I made up for it by going running at the community center. I did 56 laps…4 miles. It seemed slow but my average pace was pretty good.  I really miss the outdoor running…it so boring running in circles. On an exciting note, the Gophers killed the #9 Badgers last night. It was electric, it would have been fun to be at the Barn last night…I was running instead.

Today was freaking cold.  The low this morning was -15 degrees. The high never got above zero, weather.com says the high was -6 degrees.  That is why I don’t have band tonight.

The good news is I lost 2 more pounds so I’m almost to 30. I will probably gain a bit this weekend but I’m happy.  Funny thing is according the one website I was on today. I still need to lose close to 70 pounds to reach the “normal” weight category. Ya right!


Time to veg on the coach…I’m so excited…by the way we are getting a new coach…also very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment