The 4 Bs: Beer, Brats, Bingo and Biseks

Friday, July 27, 2012

Well $692 later, the bumper is fixed and the drama is done. I just hope Allstate and the other woman’s insurance company hurries up with my check.   

This week has been rather interesting; full of drama and many phone calls.  Most of the drama involved the planning of the 50th Anniversary party for Eric’s parents.  I won’t get into the details but let’s just say the family is very “entertaining.” After all was said and done, I kind of took over the planning.  I don’t know if I really want the responsibility but I want to make that it gets done and to Terry and Judy's liking...it is THEIR day after all.  I have delegated some tasks.  So far the chapel is reserved for Mass and the dining room is reserved for the immediate family reception.  We will have Mass in the morning, followed by pictures and a nice sit down lunch.  In the afternoon/evening we will have a potluck picnic in the park with extended family and friends.  It should be fun. The date has been set for August 3, 2013. I can’t wait to see everybody again.

That has pretty much taken up my whole week.  I did manage to get a run in on Monday in the rain. It was so refreshing.  Tuesday we worked on another one of Eric’s papers and that was about it.  Wednesday was supposed to be the last concert of the summer but it decided to rain instead.  So we ate pie and sorted music under the trees instead.  Last night we met my friend, Sandy, at the Mall of America for dinner and shopping.  It was nice to see her again and it wasn’t during the Fall Festival.  We found some things; I got Eric a Doctor Who T-shirt for his upcoming birthday.  I also found this sign and thought it was hilarious.


That’s about it from here.  We have a Twins game tonight and tomorrow my family invades for the weekend.  Put away your playing cards, no playing cards are safe when my family comes to town. LOL! My church is having their annual Julifest.  Beer, Brats, German Potato Salad, Polka Music and Bingo...is there a better way to spend the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment