Vienna by Night

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011 – 9:40 pm (2:40 pm CT)
I really hate arriving in a new town when it is dark. I really like how well connected this city is....and how spread out. After a bit of a ride on a couple subways we made our way to our home for the next town nights. Its an ok hotel considering the prices. The area is close to a shopping area and a subway station. After Eric took a snooze we ventured out into big city of Vienna. The big church, St. Steven's is covered in scaffolding. It seems like that always is the case with me. Oh well. It looks amazing I can't wait to see it tomorrow...hopefully we finally will get some sun! We walked around the city center, checked out the Rathus (City Hall)...wasn't lit. Checked out the Opera House...looks very cool. I'm so excited to walk around tomorrow! We stopped at a candy store where I finally got my Maltesers. How exciting...if you know me you know I love Maltesers. I'm going to have to stock up again on them before I come home. So I'm enjoying some Maltesers and watching some TV. Tonight’s “American TV/Movie in German” is South Park and Futurama. For those that like South Park its the KFC/Men get testicular cancer so they can smoke marijuana episode. Ha Ha. Good stuff...oh and for some reason my computer doesn't want to connect to the hotel's internet so I have to go to the local Mc Donald's for free wifi...and boy is it fast here.

No comments:

Post a Comment