Somewhere between Salzburg and Vienna

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011 – 2:35 pm (7:33 am CT)
Our hotel is Salzburg was awesome (for the price it should be). It was a "luxury" Best Western. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning so you know it must have been comfy And the free breakfast was awesome, your typically European breakfast. Croissants and Nutella is always a favorite of mine. We went and heard the hills sing this morning on the Sound of Music Tour. It was by far the best run, most organized tour of the 3 that we did. The weather was less than cooperative. It snowed a lot but it is so pretty who cares. So we saw all the sights of the movie so Eric is happy. I didn't realized how much he knows the movie! He was even singing along to the soundtrack that played as we drove along. I've said it before I love train travel. We are currently on a Railjet train to Vienna. We raced to catch this train so we can get to Vienna while it is still light outside. Very cool. Boy this train is PACKED! We had to walk through 2 cars to find a seat and room for our stuff. Crazy! Lots of skis so people must be going home from their ski holiday. I guess that makes sense it is Sunday afternoon. I woke up this morning to see the Badgers lost in the Rose Bowl. I'm so ashamed! How could they lose to TCU? So should TCU be co-national champions? hum....I hate the BCS. Anyways we are cruising along at 195 km/h (121 mph) we should be in Vienna in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment