TC Summit Challenge

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I’m not letting my calf injury get in the way of planning 2017 races. Just today I signed up for the 2017 TC Summit Challenge (the MNy version). It consist of 4 races: 
 
- Valentine's Day TC 5K on February 11
- Hot Dash 5K on March 18
- Red, White & Boom! 5K on July 4
- Medtronic TC 10 Mile on October 1
 
In the past, the thought of running the TC 10 miler was an unrealistic dream. My coworker and I talked about doing it 6 or 7 years ago but it never happened. Back then, I honestly didn’t think I could do it…wow how times have changed! I have completed 7 races in the last year that were 10 miles or longer!
 
I signed Eric up for the TC Ultra Summit Challenge. He has the same races as me except his distances are longer. He is doing the Hot Dash 10 mile, Red White & Boom Half marathon (half marathon in July, no thank you!) and the Twin Cities Marathon. 
 
Also on the race schedule…
So far, with the registration today, we have six official races in 2017. The other two are Goldy’s 5K, 4th annual for us, and our third running on the Hot Chocolate 15K. 
 
I haven’t signed up for any half marathons yet but I’m eye up five of them including the Mankato Half in October. I have professed my love for the Mankato 10K race for the last three years so it seems odd that I’m switching. But watching Phil, Byron and Paula run the last part of the full marathon made me a little jealous and I want to run that course (just not the full marathon). So that is in the plans for next year. Also I would like to run the Oshkosh Half Marathon in late April. I haven’t registered yet, but I should. I have our hotels booked already so I don’t know why I’m dragging my feet on registering. Maybe because I spent $500+ this morning on our challenges? Running is expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment