Eric’s Birthday Week

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Since my work is always busy this time of year, I always feel guilty that we never go anywhere for Eric’s. We always try to escape for my birthday but never for his. So to make up for it, I have declared this the “Week of Eric.” We have been doing something fun every night.

Monday night we went to SandVenture Aquatic Park (the sand bottom pool in Shakopee) for an evening of swimming, water slides and diving. After that we went to Arby’s for dinner and an Orange Dreamsicle Shake.

Tuesday we went to Lion’s Tap for dinner and played around of mini golf at Centennial Lakes, Eric’s favorite mini golf course. The weather was strange, it felt like a storm was coming in but it never really stormed. The temperature and humidity dropped so it was a pleasant evening. We didn’t play well and finished within a few strokes of each other…Eric won. I think?

Yesterday (for his actual birthday) we started out with dinner at Pizza Ranch with Greg Stayer. Eric got a very nice Dalek hooded sweatshirt from the Stayers. After pizza we went bowling. I killed it the first game, bowling a 120. But Eric won the last 2 games to take the series. I was terrible the last game. I didn’t even break 100…or even 90 for that matter. The night was still young and it was very beautiful outside so we headed to Bloomington. We played the mini golf course at Dred Scott Park. It was a busy evening there. We ended up in a tie. We finished the night with a brisk walk/run to complete day 29 of my “Every Day in July Challenge.”

One of Eric birthday gifts from me is a ticket to tonight’s Twins/Mariners Game. We are sitting right behind the Twins dugout. It will be another exciting evening for Eric. Unfortunately tomorrow won’t be as exciting for Eric as I have a concert.  Oh well, I think he is having a good birthday week.


No comments:

Post a Comment