My New Running Plan

Thursday, August 14, 2014

I have come up with a clever way to keep me motivated in the running department. I make Eric drive me to some point in town to drop me off and then I HAVE to run (or walk) home. Monday he dropped me off at Lion’s Park and I ran almost 5 miles home. Today he dropped me off at the high school and I ran 4 miles home. It is great because I have to run, I can’t quit half way through and take a shortcut home. It is a great way to make sure I get my miles in. Eventually I want him to drop me off at Wal-Mart (that is a 10K).  Or even Bloomington which is really only 7 miles.

I was really motivate to run on Monday so it wasn’t so important. Today I didn’t want to run at all but I really had no choice…Eric dropped me off and I was on my own with just my watch and iPod. No phone, no way to call home.

So that is my new running plan. If I want to upgrade from 5K-10K runner status to a 10 mile or half marathon, I need to increase my mileage. That will not happen if I stick to running around my neighborhood. I need to expand my running area so I don’t lose motivation and get bored. 

This weekend starts my string of 5K weekends. The next 3 weekends I have races. It should be fun. Hopefully I get into the elusive 35 minute club…even if it is 35:59. I just want to see 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment