Red, White and Boom 5K

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Race number 19 for 2017 was a simple 5K in my normal stomping ground, along the Mississippi river in downtown Minneapolis. Since this race start was so early at 6:30am and we had a Twins game with fireworks the night before, we stayed at a hotel close to the start line. That was a good idea and if we do this race in the future, I’d totally do that again.

This race was not memorable. It was humid and my time wasn’t great at 40:42. My first two miles were barely under 13 minutes and mile 3 was a disaster at 13:29. My overall pace was just under 13 so that was ok. The hot dog at the finish line made me nausea.  Eric ran the half marathon so I had almost 2 hours to kill after my race so I went back to our hotel and went in the pool and hot tub before walking back to the finish line to see Eric. His race was on par with his last half in Seattle.  We went back to the hotel after his race took a nap and packed up and went home. Not that exciting for a 4th of July for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment