Running, Concerts, Twins, Camping, Kayaking, and Valleyfair

Sunday, July 10, 2016

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged. I’ve been busy! We have visited Valleyfair a lot, we have swim a lot and kayaked too.

Insane Inflatable and Sioux Falls Weekend...
The weekend after Grandma’s we traveled to Sioux Falls for the Insane Inflatable 5K. You know the race I always hurt myself on. I hate this race. Every year I say I’m never doing again. This year I got swallowed by one of the inflatables and hurt my shoulder. It sucked. I hate this race!  Byron and Paula introduced me to a new board game, Ticket to Ride. I loved it. It is game about traveling on train. You build trains across the USA. It was fun! We also went to the waterpark too. It was a lot of fun!


Concert season...
Welcome to 2016 Summer Concert season. We started in good old Shakopee. Eric and I biked to the concert. It went well, I was a bit nervous about it. Our next concert was 3 days later at the Eden Prairie July 4th celebration (on July 3rd) at Round Lake Park. We had our most recent concert on Friday at Chaska. We have 4 more concerts to go!

Twins games...
We have a couple Twins games. We saw the Phillies the Wednesday after Grandma’s. We were going to run around Lake Nokomis before the game but I forgot my shoes…but I had my swim suit. I don’t know why I had my swimsuit. But anyways, I went for a nice swim and Eric went for a run. I enjoyed my swim. I really contemplating doing the Minneapolis Triathlon but alas I did not do it. We saw the Texas Rangers on July 3rd (yes the same day as my concert). It was a beautiful day for a game. It was Armed Forces Day so we got to see the big US flag and the military flied over too. Very cool! Unfortunately we had to leave early for the concert. Oh darn.



Camping and swimming...
We went camping with the Stayers on July 1st at Flandrau State Park in New Ulm. Danielle and Bradley joined us for dinner and campfire and also the next day to go swimming. Before swimming, I went for a slow 3 mile trail run. I suck at trial running! We were about to leave when DJ text to say she was coming. So we killed some time at Danielle’s house before heading back to Flandrau for round two of swimming. After about 2 hours we went to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner with Danielle and Bradley.


Red, White and Boom 5K...
I’d do a normal race report but why bother…it was only a 5K. The weather wasn’t bad, a little hot and humid but not as bad as Grandma’s. The race started in St. Anthony Main, ran up to Plymouth Ave. bridge…I hate this bridge, and down West River Parkway and finally across the Stone Arch bridge. This is a common route in Minneapolis. I have ran it numerous times and both directions. My pace was pretty good the first two miles. I fell off a bit on the last mile but still managed to keep my time under 37 minutes. My overall pace was 11:52 which is still pretty good for me. I was happy with my time. Of course I wanted to be under 35 again but those days might be over. :(

Kayaking...
So after an amazing day of swimming and kayaking in North Mankato with Libby and the girls and DJ and kids back in early June, Eric and I decided we needed some kayaks. It is so much fun to go out in the river. Fleet Farm had them on sale so we bought two. Well on July 4th (after our race) we drove down to Mankato. DJ rented a kayak and the three of us went down the Blue Earth River from Rapidan Dam to the County Road 90 landing. That is 9 miles. It took us two and half hours. I didn’t realize there were rapids on the river! I got soaked on a few of them! It was a lot of fun but my legs didn’t want to move after we got done. I was so sore!


Valleyfair...
Eric and I decided to take the day off after the 4th to relax from our super busy weekend. It was so nice! We went to Valleyfair’s waterpark in the afternoon for a couple hours and had lunch at Panda Express. We went home for a couple hours to relax before returning for dinner and some rides. We got on two rides before there was lightning. We went to Coaster’s for some burgers and fries and went home. Then the storm came…WOW! It was crazy windy, pouring raining, big thunder and bright lightning.

As you can tell we have had a crazy couple of weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment