April 2015 Recap

Friday, May 1, 2015

Runs: 14
Miles: 50
Races: 3 (Goldy’s 5K - 33:36; Hot Chocolate 15K - 1:56.32; Unleash the SHE 5K - 34:35)
Outdoors: 14
Indoors: 0
Longest: 9.41 miles
Average Pace: 11:56

April weather was amazing. It was sunny and warm most of the time. All runs were outside. I have a feeling that will be the case through the summer. My pace is a lot faster than March which makes me very happy. We have started running before Twins games. It really helps kill the time between work and the game and it is promoting health! Yay! The first game we ran around Lake Calhoun and the last game we ran around Lake Nokomis. If the rain holds out, we will run around Lake Harriet tomorrow. 

I had three races this month. The Goldy’s 5K was the second weekend. I tied my PR on that race. This is one of the few races were Eric and I decided to run alone. He ran his race, I ran mine. I can’t believe I did so well!  It really made me happy considering all the “not-so-great” races I’ve had so far this year.  Hot Chocolate 15K was my big race this year and I did really well. I finished faster than I expected and I felt great afterwards. I can’t wait to do another one! The last weekend of the month we traveled to Rochester for the Unleash the SHE 5K. My time wasn’t as fast as Goldy’s but that is ok. It was longer than a 5K and it was almost entirely women and it was a small race. I had a huge goal this month and succeed! I finished my 15K.

Trophies for April

Nothing special this month…just the normal ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment