Replacing parts, one at a time

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Well I spent today with my mom and sister at St. Francis Hospital, nope scratch that, Franciscan Skemp, nope scratch that too...Mayo Clinic Health System - Franciscan Healthcare (they have had too many name changes!)  Slowly but sure Mom is replacing parts of her body.  The warranty was up on her right knee so she had it replaced.

Anyways the day started at 3am when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  Then we took mom to her 5:45am appointment.  By 6am they took her back and prepped her for surgery. Surgery started at 7:38am and she was in recovery at 9:05am and too her room by 10:03am.  So they did it fast. She didn't have the general anesthesia but just a spinal block and a drunk cocktail. I think it was probably best decision.  She had tingly feet for a while as the block wore off but she didn't get sick like she usually does from general anesthesia. She was sleepy most of the afternoon but she didn't seem to be in pain, just a little dizzy.  She took a drink of Nancy's Mountain Dew and said that was good. LOL!  Eventually she wanted chocolate pudding, angel food cake and coffee. Well I stuck around until 5pm before I made my way back home.  

Here is a picture of mom showing off her flowers and giving a thumbs up (inspired by her grandson, Dylan)

No comments:

Post a Comment