First we cut off the toe, then the ankle

Saturday, April 21, 2012

It has been a tough week at work.  My boss was sick all week and this was one of the busiest weeks of the year.  It was just crazy!  I am so thankful for the weekend.  I looked forward to sleeping in and lounge around right...well...

I woke up at 5:30am this morning to the purring, kneading, monster, Swirl.  He likes to knead my bladder and at 5:30am that is very uncomfortable.  So after running to the bathroom, I kicked him out of the room and tried to get back to sleep. I was drifting in and out when 30 minutes later Swirl was scratching at the door, I ignored it, then he started banging at the door. I still ignored it but I couldn't sleep through the bang, bang, bang.  We aren't exactly sure how he does it but I can tell you that he isn't just using his head.  I think he actually throws his body at the door. 4 minutes later Eric rolled out of bed .  He has his last class today and he must present his final paper...(which I help write last weekend).  I continue to drift in and out of sleep until I hear Eric puking in the downstairs bathroom.  Typical Eric, he waits to the last minute to prepare,  he gets stressed out and he pukes.  What a pleasant way to wake up, huh?

I've been a very big slacker in the running department.  But it doesn't take much for me to find excuses to not go running.  About a week ago, I  developed a very painful toe.  I'm not sure what is wrong.  It doesn't hurt all the time but when it does it is a sharp stinging pain.  It feels like I have a blister on my toe but there is no blister. It doesn't matter if I'm walking, standing or sitting, it hurts.  It doesn't matter what shoes I'm wearing, if I'm bare foot or not, it hurts.  I'm ready to cut the damn thing off.

On Tuesday night after volleyball, I was laying in bed and all of a sudden I had a sharp pain in my ankle and it was stiff. I'm not sure if I tweaked it in volleyball. I don't think so.  Maybe it was the weather. It is hell getting old!

I haven't been a complete slacker though, Eric and I went on an almost 10 mile bike ride on Wednesday.  Low impact physical activity...my toe didn't hurt until the last mile or two and the ankle didn't hurt at all.

Well I should get cracking and clean my house but instead I'm creating new clip art for my website.  Someday my house will get clean...but today isn't that day...I'm nursing my sore toe!

No comments:

Post a Comment