Reindeer Run 5K

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

It has been a busy week that I forgot about the Reindeer Run 5K race report. Hopefully I remember how it went!

This is the 3rd time we have run this race and this year was warm for a change!  The first year was 5 below and snow and ice. Last year it was like 18 degrees but windy and icy. This year was perfect, 36 degrees with a light wind and no ice! I was very happy. Sadly I couldn’t match last year’s PR. I haven’t run that fast in a long time. But I did run it a second faster than the last race at Lake Harriet, the Terror Trot on Halloween. Whoopy!

Nothing really stands out about this race. I ran up all the hills in the first 2 miles. I walked a bit during Mile 3. My mile splits were very consistent at 11:4811:52 & 11:45. All under 12 minutes, that is considered good…lately. My sprint to the finish was an 8:07 pace which is respectable.  It wasn’t my best run but it wasn’t horrible. I would say it was consistent. Consistent is good, right? 







No comments:

Post a Comment