It has been a rough couple of weeks...

Sunday, February 8, 2015

We are eight days into February and over two weeks since I last wrote anything worthwhile. And really not much has happened…except we had the flu run through our house and our furnace stopped working twice in one week. So yea it hasn’t been the best couple of weeks…or really year!

Furnace problems
So after the Scurry Flurry, our furnace went out. Thankfully it was warm enough that our house didn’t get too cold. We called the emergency CenterPoint Energy Home Service Plus line to get them to come out and fix it hopefully. Well they came out and we had heat again. Yay! That last 2 days. I woke up Friday morning and it was 60 degrees in our house again. Dammit! After work we called again…and again, thankfully it was somewhat warm outside so it didn’t get too cold in the house. This time and older guy came out and did a lot more work on it and bypassed some switch and presto we have heat. He also did something else ot the furnace so we aren’t losing heat in the furnace room and it has made a huge difference. No new furnace required yet. Whew!

Murder at the Prom
Last Saturday we went down to Mankato for Ethan’s play, Murder at the Prom. It was good. The story was…different…I’m not sure what part of town this high school was in considering everybody had hand guns but whatever. Here he is in his Col. Mustard (from the Clue game) prom outfit:

Super Bowl
The rest of the weekend we didn’t do much…I had work to do…yes work. I even worked during the Super Bowl, on my couch. Speaking of the Super Bowl, I’m not much of a fan and didn’t really care about the game but we watch it anyways on a "delay" so we could fast forward through the game and watch the commercials. Eric kept saying this game had to go into overtime. I reassured him it did not. He continued to say that this game went into overtime and again I would said no. On the third (or tenth) time, I told him the final score was 28-24. I was sick of him saying that it went into OT. Well that was the worst thing to say…as soon as I said it, Seattle kicked a field goal and Eric knew who won (and he wasn’t happy). I told him if he just trusted me when I said it didn’t go into OT instead of badger me…this wouldn’t have happened. But the only way to get him to believe me was tell him the final score which had a difference of 4 and would confirm it. Oh well.

So on the way to work on Tuesday Eric says, I don’t feel so good. Hum. At 10am my house calls me. Yep, Eric is home, sick with the flu. That is fine, I thought, I’ll just take the bus to the park and ride and he can pick me up. Nope, he is too sick to pick me up. Well, how the heck am I supposed to get home?  There used to be a shuttle that would go from the park and ride lot into town (the park and ride is 7 miles from the main/old part of Shakopee, dumb…I know!) Well on 1/1/15, Shakopee Transit was taken over by MVTA and the shuttle bus no longer exists (I found that out 2 days later…MVTA has horrible customer service). Thankfully, my director overheard my conversation with Eric specifically, my comment that “I’m not walking 7 miles in cold, blowing snow to get home.” She offered to give me a ride home. After waiting an hour for her bus (it was an hour late!), we rode the bus to her house in Bloomington (with the snow took almost 2 hours). And then she drove me home. She lives just on the other side of the river so it wasn’t too far but Eric better be appreciative!! My commute home was 3 hours.

Fast forward to Friday.
I thought I was in the clear. Eric was feeling much better and I didn’t catch it yet. That changed quickly. I went to work Friday, feeling fine. By 10, I wasn’t feeling the best, by 11, I was in tears wanting to go home but Eric didn’t respond to my emails or phone calls. By noon, Eric finally called me and took me home. I slept the rest of the day and Saturday too. It was a rough week!

But I lost 5 pounds...Thanks Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment