Christmas with the Wards

Monday, December 26, 2011

Yesterday was a great day with the Wards.  I really had a nice Christmas.  They prepared a Turkey and all the fixings.  It was so nice to see the Godchildren and Allista again.  Joseph has gotten so big and he has that smile that melts your heart.  William was his normal high energy kid.  He got a trampoline for Christmas so he was especially bouncy. LOL!

Tracie gave us the Pahrump Tour.  We saw all the schools and the infamous Chicken Ranch.  They had some awesome t-shirts like "Freshly Laid."  We took Mike's picture to show his friends that he made a stop.  But he wouldn't go in and buy a "menu."

Our first stop on the way home was Stratosphere.  We went up to the top.  They have this new experience where they attach you to a cord and you free drop to the bottom.  880 ft. and you go as fast as 45 mph as you free fall to the bottom.  I'm not sure I'd do it.

Right now we are relaxing at our hotel in Whittier, CA.  We made the ever nerve wrecking drive down I-15.  What a crazy drive.  There was a mile back up to go through the inspection station. What a joke...just slows you down to wave you through.  It was so busy too.  I'm so glad I don't have to drive it again for a while.

The weather is beautiful today, sunny and 72 degrees.  I'm not sure what our plans are for this evening and tomorrow.  I guess we will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment