What a busy month!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Wow! June has been a busy month. With family visits, a trip to Washington DC and the Carnival musical, I really haven’t had time to write.  The musical is over now.  I’m kind of relieved. It was a fun thing to do but it was a huge time commitment.  We will see if I do it next year. I guess it really depends on which musical they choose.  Hopefully they do something fun next year.  Carnival was fun and it actually grew on me a bit by the end.  Some of the lines were very risqué.  Like the fox “puppet” telling Lily (the orphan girl) to follow his tall. The scene with the puppets was the best part of the musical. It had us cracking up laugh in the pit orchestra, even on the last night after hearing the same lines over 10 times.  The last two performances were difficult for me because I had to play both Trombone books.  It was a bit of a juggle as each book had different moving lines and deciding which line was important.  Also the sun was really hot the last two days. We faced the sun during the first hour and a half so it was a bit brutal.  It was nice that my family was able to see it last weekend and DJ got to see it last night. That really makes playing for the musical extra special.

Also this weekend…we finally got with the 21st century and got a DVR.  It is so nice.  I love that I can stop and start a show I’m watching.  For example, on Saturday Ryan Doumit (Twin’s catcher) got a fast ball to the face. It was awesome to rewind it and watch it over and over again. Mostly because I can’t believe his reaction, he acted like it was no big deal.  Another awesome thing is I have an app on my iPad that allows me to change the channel on the TV.  So when Eric is watching a soccer game that I’m bored with and he has the remote, I can just change the channel from my iPad. I don’t think Eric likes that!  LOL!  But coolest thing is last night we could “record” the Sunday night shows that Eric was going to miss because he was going to the musical.  I have a feeling this will lead to more TV watching…probably not a good thing.

Nothing much on the agenda for this week, it is nice to have nothing to do.  It is a great way to end this busy month of June.


Praying for my Aunt Grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment