Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I can’t believe it is August already. Where has the summer gone? Labor Day is only 33 days away…then the summer is gone…so depressing!

What a busy weekend we had. Eric came downtown for lunch on Friday for his birthday. It was so nice to see him in the middle of the day. After lunch we walked around downtown before I made my way back to work. Friday night we went to Houlihan’s for dinner with Danielle, Greg, Celeste and Evelyn. The food was great! We also got Eric a DQ Ice Cream cake. I think he had a good day. I gave him a Doctor Who Tardis Cookie jar that makes the sound of the Tardis taking off whenever you shut the lid. Very cool new toy!

Saturday morning Danielle and I woke up early to make our baked goods for Julifest, our annual festival at Church of St. Mark. Danielle made the Special K bar (her first time every attempting it) and I made an apple pie with pretty lattice top. The old ladies at church were really impressed with the pie.

Mike and Mom came up in the late morning and Greg and Celeste came over too. Celeste and I made Dalek cupcakes for Eric, a continuation of Eric’s birthday. They are cute but Eric was critiquing them…we didn’t ma ke them perfectly! We spent the afternoon betting on the ponies at Canterbury Park, what fun! After that we went to the Julifest Polka Mass (brings back memories) and then we had some food in the tent. Mom got her favorite German potato salad. Eric and I had to work Adult games from 8:30pm to 11pm. Sticking with the theme of the day we did the racing horses. We made a ton of money for the church.

Sunday we went back to Julifest for lunch and Mom and Mike went home. We spent the afternoon at Valleyfair with Danielle, enjoying the waterpark. There were a ton of Manitoba people there. After we cooled off at Valleyfair we went back to Julifest for the end of the silent auction. We won the Twin’s Scott Baker signed baseball. Awesome!

Last night we went to dinner at Wildfire for Celeste’s birthday. It was good. I really enjoyed the steak.

I decided last night at 9pm to start running again. The humidity finally lifted (for a little while) and I went on a 2.2 mile run. The shocking thing is I haven’t gone out for a fun in almost 8 months so it was amazing that I ran most of the 2.2 miles! I only walked for 4 minutes, 2 of which were my warm up. I was very happy with myself. I guess we will see if I continue this trend….

It is two months after my unfortunate accident in Montgomery, AL. I still relive it over and over again in my head. Hopefully someday I can move on. The reason I bring it up is I had the chance to drive my mom’s awesome new car this past weekend. I’m in love with it, I want one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment