Gopher to Badger 10K

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

We met Mike, Linda and Alec in Hudson on Friday for the Gopher to Badger 10K Race.  It was Mike and Alec's first 10K race!  After checking to the hotel and picking up our packets in Stillwater, we went to Denny's for dinner. The place was busy and there was one waiter. The poor guy. It took forever to get our food. After dinner we chilled in our hotel room and watched Olympics with Alec.  

We were up really early in the morning for the 6:30 shuttle bus. The traffic to the shuttle bus was terrible but we got there in time to catch the second to last bus. The temperature was perfect for an August race. It was a very cool morning. 


We started on a busy road and ran almost 2 miles on this road. This is really the worst part of this race. I kept my pace pretty consistent and had negative splits the first 4 miles. I was really happy with my time. My training has been terrible lately so this was a pleasant surprise. Mile 5 was rough as always but half way through there is a great view of the St. Croix River.


I was still running quite a bit of Mile 6 which is a win for me. I got in at 1:27 which isn't my best this year but was 4 minutes faster than last year at this race so that is a good thing. Mike shocked me when finished at 1:33. He did amazing. His average pace was under 15 minutes per mile AND HE WALKED!  Amazing job. Alec finished in 41 something.  We met up with my friend Meghan at the finish line.




Reba modeling the medal. Overall a great race! I feel good about my training for my next half in September. 




No comments:

Post a Comment