Crazy Weekend

Monday, May 1, 2023

This past we weekend was CRAZY busy! It started Friday. I only worked a half day. I was able to cuddle with Finn in the morning while working. She isn't happy because we started rationing her her food a bit. She is telling me she hasn't been fed yet...she is lying.

Nancy came by at noon and we picked up her U-Haul for her big move. The pick up place was very sketchy. We couldn't even find it at first. Haha. We came back to our house where we loaded our old furniture (which is at Danielle's house) and the boxes that Nancy was storing here.  It rained so hard!  

After that Nancy dropped me off at the park and ride so I could catch the bus to the Twins/Royals game. It was supposed to start at 3:10 but was delayed 2 hours because of the rain. We got upgraded again to the lower level by home plate. Bill and Alice were able to get into the Champions Club where they got all you can eat fancy foods and drinks. Lucky ducks!  We sat behind an older couple from Kansas City. The wife was very talkative and the game flew by. After the rain, it wasn't bad at the game. I didn't get cold until the 8th inning. 

Saturday morning I picked up Anna's graduation yard sign. It looks so nice in our yard. My flowers are starting to come up too and I had some deck visitors.

We went down to New Ulm to help move Nancy into her new house. Blake was super exciting. He said we had a lot of work to do. Haha. Mike, Linda and Alec came over with a couch from Tony's house. Leslie came to help too as well as Bradley's parents Dawn and Terry. It was quite a group and we got it done pretty fast.  We made our way home after dinner in time to see the sunset and red rainbow. It was so cool. I was so happy to get home and relax, it was a busy day and I had a long, long run Sunday morning.

Sunday morning started with a 12 mile run. Ugh, I haven't run 12 miles in a training run since I was training for a marathon. It was cold and a bit wet so I decided to start on the treadmill. I watched the Music Man Musical Movie which has a run time of 2:30. I was able to get 9.5 miles in before the end of the movie. The last mile or so was rough. My legs were Jell-O. I also was dealing with stomach issues. I was thirsty and drank too much water at the same time...slosh slosh. I came upstairs because I just couldn't do any more on the treadmill and I went with Eric for a brisk walk to get to my 12 miles. It was very slow but I did it!  After the run, Eric and I got McDonald's. I was craving hot salty fries. I devoured them! We soaked in the hot tub and then ran some errands.
We finished the weekend off with a late game at Allianz Field to watch the Loons play Dallas at 8pm which didn't start until 8:30 and didn't get done until after 10 which means we didn't get home until after 11. Ethan and DJ joined us for the game. The weather wasn't too bad but I started to freeze the last 10 minutes. Neither team scored a goal and we didn't get to sing Wonderwall. We are still winless at home :(

The weekend was very busy and exhausting.  I was shocked when I woke up this morning and felt great. I thought for sure I would be miserable after the 12 mile run but I wasn't. I was so happy...for about 30 seconds and then I stubbed my pinky it hurts to walk. Haha. Just my luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment