Foul Ball, Rain Delays and Wins!

Sunday, August 5, 2018

It was a week of baseball!

We started the week watching the Twins playing the Cleveland Indians. I exchanged some of our seats for nicer seats down by the Twins dugout to celebrate Eric's 40th Birthday. I really don't remember much from the game until the top of the 8th inning. A bullet...foul ball came our way. I had a brief second to think about what I was going to do. I thought maybe I could catch it but at the last minute realized it would probably break my hand so I throw my arm up so it wouldn't take off my head. It hit me on my elbow and upper arm. It burned like a son of gun but it wasn't too bad. Some kid got the damn ball! The guest services people were constantly by me, asking if I as ok. And then the Medics showed up an gave me an ice pack. I had to sign a form and that was about it. Eric got a picture of me after the incident.

Fast forward to Friday night, the next game in our package. It was against the Royals. Prior to the game we went for a swim in Lake Nokomis to cool down from the late summer day. My bruise from Monday night was in full color.

During the first couple of innings the scary clouds started to roll in. It was so cool to watch:

Well it didn't take long before the downpour started. Just before the rain I saw a Facebook post from one of Eric's friend's wife, Jana, that she was also there with one of their kids, Adam. We made a bee line to their section to catch them in the rain delay. We found them!  We spent the rest of the night with them.

The rain delay lasted an hour and half. The four of us went to our seats as our ticket partners went home. It was an upgrade for Jana and Adam! They played a couple more innings before rain delay #2 happened. Ugh! This one was an hour. By this time, the stadium was mostly cleared out. They actually kicked us out of the upper deck and told us to sit where we wanted to in the lower deck. Adam picked the first base line with the hope of catching a foul ball.  We didn't succeed. We did, however, get on TV:

The game resumed at midnight, way past my bedtime. We stuck it out until the top of the 8th inning. It was almost 1 am. We gave Jana and Adam a ride to their car in Bloomington since the light rail was running a very reduce schedule that late. We didn't want them waiting 30 minutes for a ride.

Our last game was this afternoon. Again it was against the Royals. Not much exciting happened at this game. haha.

The best part is the Twins won all 3 games we attended this week!!!! GO Twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment