Circle K 5K

Monday, September 29, 2014

Last week was busy and I didn’t write anything about it. Eric had a soccer game on Monday. I did a 4.5 mile run. I was definitely tired from the 5K on Sunday and probably the long ride home too.  Tuesday was our last Twins game of the 2014 season. They won. Yay! I’m glad the season is done. It is really too dang long! Wednesday I took the day off. It was great. I slept in until 9. Took the car in for repair, ran a slow 5 miles and just relaxed on the couch and watched TV. It was great to do nothing. Sure I should have folded some clothes or clean the house but I didn’t feel like.

Insanity Thursday
Thursday morning we discovered that our refrigerator stopped working again. Dang it! Why couldn’t that have happened when I was home on Wednesday?  There was nothing we could do about it Thursday morning so I just hoped the food would stay cold enough until I got home from work. I bought a deep freeze since I had bought a ton of frozen foods the day before. And we really should have one. But there were other issues with Thursday too. Eric’s 6pm soccer game was moved to 4:30pm and he wasn’t informed. He found out at 9pm Wednesday night. There was no way he was going to make a 4:30pm game unless he could use the car pool lane. So I got to go along. I dropped him off at Burnsville HS, picked up some ice, drove home to put the refrigerator stuff in the cooler with ice and pick up the Ford, drop off my band folder with another band member (I missed the first night of band practice!), drove back to Burnsville to pick up Eric, went to Lakeville’s Wal-Mart to pick up my new deep freezer (only store that had one in stock), and eventually made it back home. It was a night of running around.

Another Day Off
I took Friday off so they could come fix the fridge. I didn’t sleep in like Wednesday. I was wide awake early so I started cleaning the house before the repair guy came. He came right at 10am…that never happens that they come at the beginning of the “window.” After he fixed it, which took all of 15 minutes, my fridge was working again. I couldn’t do my typical day off plan of going for a long run because we were doing a 5K that night in Mankato.  I decided to tackle the garage. I spent over 5 hours cleaning the garage. Both the recycling and garbage cans were full, over the top. I donated a couple of chairs and a coffee table that were sitting in there. I crushed a lot of boxes and reorganized the shelves. It looks pretty awesome in there now. I was so proud. Eric’s only comment when he got home was the garbage cans were full!  That man!

5K Women’s Winner
As soon as Eric got home we rushed down to Mankato for the Race to Eliminate for Danielle’s Circle K group. It was a very small race. There were 7 runners.  Danielle managed to get 4 of the 7 runners. The “race” wasn’t my best effort but it is hard to run when you are in front of the slower runners and the fast pack is gone. So it was like a training run except I paid to do it and got a gift card at the finish because I was the first women runner to cross the finish. It was DJ, Brenda and I running it. DJ was leading me at one point but I managed to finish in front. Yay me! We celebrated by eating at Culvers.

Moving Day
Friday night we stayed by DJs because were helping her move Saturday. We did a lot of stuff on Saturday. I climbed a lot of steps! Overall it was a busy day but we got her almost entirely moved over now so that is good. We came home and went to dinner at Greg and Celeste’s new house.

Relaxing Day
Sunday we pretty much relaxed all day. We did a bit of shopping and I went for a run. It was a good run. I did 4.5 miles and I felt like I could have gone 2 more so I think I’m fine for the 10K in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment