September 2014 Recap

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Runs: 11
Miles: 42.7
Races: 3 (Suds Run 5K - 38:46; Thunder Bay 5K - 36:27; Circle K 5K - 36:48)
Outdoors: All!
Indoors: None
Longest: 6 miles (twice)
Average Pace: 12:34

September was frustrating. I started out the month with a 6 mile run and hurt my foot. That set me back a few days. The next day I went on vacation to Iceland so I didn’t get much running done there…I went 3 miles one day. I came back from Iceland and got Bronchitis. I ran 2 races with Bronchitis, the Suds Run 5K which was when I was at the worse and Thunder Bay 5K a week later. Thankfully I had an antibiotic in between time and managed to clear most of it up. The Suds Run was especially frustrating because I got stung by wasps at the end of the race. It wasn’t a good weekend…or month! I picked up my running the last week and a half. I did 6 runs in 10 days. All were longer than 3 miles with two 4.5 milers, a 5 miler and another 6 miler. At least after the last 6 miler I don’t think I hurt myself. September was a month of firsts. My first run internationally and my first international race (Iceland and Canada).

Trophies for September


No comments:

Post a Comment