The inappropriate body part

Thursday, March 8, 2012

For his next class, Eric has to take a statistic and explain whether it used correctly or not.  Being a good Catholic boy, he decided he was going to research the statistic that was thrown around the media last month and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) even mentioned it on Feb. 16, 2012, “98 percent of Catholic women, I am told by all of you, use birth control to determine the size and timing of their families.”
Well I found this great article (or blog, whatever) that talks about this statistic and how it isn’t completely accurate and it is being misconstrued (imagine that in politics and the media).   In blog, the writer has a link to the study that this statistic is derived from (2006-2008 National Survey of Family Growth).   It is found on the CDC’s website. 
Anyways, I saved the PDF and tried to send it to Eric with my work email.  Well it was flagged by our company’s email filter and this is the message I received:
Your mail was filtered due to use of "Inappropriate Language".
Words found - penis:10 
Following action was taken: Dropped by Content Filtering.
Kindly resend it with the proper adjustments.
Note: This is an auto-generated mail. Do not respond to this mail.
LOL!  Since when is human anatomy considered “inappropriate language.”  I’m not sure who else got copied on this notification. I talked to my boss and boss’ boss and explained that it really was in a PDF of the CDC study and was not inappropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment