Another blog about running

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I often look back and read past blogs and think, “why did I write that?”  I’m sure in 6 months or a year from now I’ll be like “I can’t believe I wrote about all the running I’ve did” or “why did I do all that running…I hate running.”  Hopefully though, I’ll look back and think “Wow I was slow” and “Look how far I’ve come.”  I really hope it is the later.  I really don’t like running, I haven’t had a so called runners high.  Yesterday I actually wanted to go.  So I’m making progress.
Yesterday after work, Eric and I went running …well at most I “jogged slowly.”  Eric on the other hand is really good at running and, considering he hasn’t really run since last summer, he managed to run a mile and a quarter and walk back to meet me in the time it took me to run a mile.  How sad for me.  But I’m a lot faster now than when I started.  Based on my data, I’m 13% faster than I was 48 days ago.  And I'm still running almost 2 months later!!
My run last night wasn’t my fastest.  But it was the fastest I’ve done without really walking (interval training is faster because I’m running hard and walking to recover so my overall time is faster).  Eric really pushed me. I wanted to walk and he wouldn’t let me.  I wasn’t happy about it but I didn’t strike out at him and scream a stream of profanities like I have in the past when we have gone running together. I’m amazed he stayed with me; I haven’t been nice to him in the past.  But come on, it is so unfair…he hasn’t run in over 6 months and he could do it like its nothing.
Besides the running I played volleyball Tuesday night.  We only had 4 again but we beat the other team 4-0. Woo Hoo! That is the second week in a row where we only had 4.  Last week we had a double header so we were tired by the end of the night. We played 8 games and we split them 4-4.
Like most other blogs I’m going to talk weather.  What else is there to talk about?  The weather has been amazing.  Yesterday we broke the record high with 72.   The forecasted highs for the next week are 76, 74, 72, 72, 65 & 62 and sunny.  Nice!  This isn’t the March weather I’m used to.  I really hope we don’t get hammered with a snow storm in April.  But it is inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment