September 2015 Recap

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Runs: 15
Walks: 16
Miles: 77.17
Races: 2 (Suds Run 5K; Brooksie Way 10K)
Outdoors: 32
Indoors: 0
Longest: 6.6 miles
Average Running Pace: 12:37

September meant cooler temps which made me very happy. I went on a lot of longer runs to prepare for the 15K and Half Marathon I have coming up later this year. My average run was 4.2 miles. On top of that, I generally had a 1/2 mile to 1 mile cool down walk. So I averaged almost 5 miles of running and walking each time I went out.

For many of my runs this month I used the run-walk method. I feel that the only way I can survive the half marathon at this point in time is by doing this method. After the half marathon, I’m going to try to go back to straight running with a few walk breaks thrown in.  

I only had 2 races this year and I realized I didn’t even write a blog about the Suds Run 5K. It wasn’t great. I was slower than last year and I had bronchitis last year. I was not thrilled with that race. The other race was the Brooksie Way 10K in Rochester, MI. That was a very hilly run. My time was slower than I had hoped but the course was very hilly. In retrospect, I did pretty good considering.


October is a big race month with 6 races in 5 weekends. I’m so excited!

Trophies!

No comments:

Post a Comment