Hot Dash 5K

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Another race is in the book for 2019 and finally I was able to run a decent race! The January one was extremely cold and icy and the February one I had strep, cold and pink eye.

I wasn't sure how it was going to go today. I have increased my mileage this month but it has been a lot of long, slow runs. I have done some speed work but speed work for a half is slower than 5K speed work.

My goal was to finish under 40 minutes. That is roughly a 12:30 pace. I know this course as I have ran it numerous times with various races. Miles 1 and 2 were consistent at 12:18 and 12:21.

Mile 3 sucked but there are some hills on that mile and I was just done with the race. When the finish came into the view, I sprinted down the final hill and finished at 39:34. Yay!  I made my goal!  I'm happy with it!





No comments:

Post a Comment