1 mile & 10 miles

Saturday, March 9, 2019


Early this week I was going to run on the treadmill. Of course, when I got to the community center all of the treadmills were being used. Up to the damn indoor track. I go...I know I should be grateful I have somewhere warm and dry to run. However, 14 laps for one mile gets so boring. Ugh. I walked the first lap to warm up.  I was contemplating how I was going to do this run. Usually I run 2 or 3 laps and then walk a lap. Ever since I switch to Jeff Galloway’s method of running, I haven’t run longer than a half mile straight. So I decided on 3 laps run, 1 lap walk. I started to run and it felt great so I kept going. I did 3 laps and said I’m going to run one more, and then another and another. When I got to 6 or 7, I thought I’m going to run 14 straight! It was tough. I slowed down my pace but kept plugging away and before I knew it, I ran a mile non-stop in 12:30. I honestly don’t remember the last time I did that! The next mile I went back to Galloway method.

Today I set out to run 10 miles. Thankfully I got a treadmill. I ran a little slower to makes sure I can get to 10. I watched 2 episodes of Brothers and Sisters. I switched to Animal House movie because I was missing an episode of B&S. Not much to say about the run. I was pretty much shot by the start of mile 10 so I worked on my speed walking. Overall it was a good run. I checked and the last time I ran at least 10 miles (that was not in a race) was May 11th. I’m very happy with this!

I have ran more in the first 9 days of March than I did all of February. February was a bad month!


No comments:

Post a Comment