Lola’s 5K

Monday, June 5, 2017

Another race is in the bag for 2017. That was #15. I’m on course to hit my 40 by 40 goal.

The race was nothing to write home about. I only had 2 miles in me and mile 3 I just tanked. It didn’t help that the start of mile 3 is a long hill and as I’ve complained about numerous times I hate running uphill. I need to seriously train on hills. I always say I’m going to do a hill work out but then go on my usually flat route. Ha! Mile 1 was great if you consider my times lately. It was 12:18. I thought maybe I could do as good as I did at Donut Dash three weeks ago. Mile 2 made sure that didn’t happen when I finished it just under 13 minutes. Mile 3 was a death march. LOL! I barely got it under 15 minutes. What the heck is wrong with me? 

The weather was a factor. It was very warm (75 degrees at start) and a bit humid. I need to get used to this heat again. I thought last week’s 20KM in 90 degrees would have helped me but nope.


My time was 41:00 which is embarrassingly slow. I ran a long run on Sunday that was almost faster than that. Granted my long run only lasted about 4 miles before I called it quits and walked 2 miles home. I need to get out of this training funk! 




No comments:

Post a Comment