Flat Tire

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Well yesterday was quite an interesting day.  Let see, it started off in the morning with Eric telling me that some of the clean clothes on the spare bed were wet.  I didn’t think anything about it until later when I went in there to fold them…what the heck…they were soaked.  I looked up at the ceiling…water spot. Dammit!  So I rewashed the clothes and put a big ol’ bucket in there to see if it will leak again.  I guess I need to call the association.  This happened a few years ago…our association sucks…they never take care of stuff until it is too late.  Seriously what am I paying them for! ARGH!

So after folding clothes for what seemed like eternity…I got through 6 episodes of Are You Being Served?!  Needless to say I’m not good at laundry and this usually happens. I keep telling myself after a day like yesterday that I need to do a load every few days and fold them right away but I never do.  I also donated 3 garbage bags of clothes to Goodwill.  Some that are too big, some that I never wear. If I keep donating lots of clothes and don’t buy any new ones then I won’t have the problem of too much laundry.  However, if I keep losing weight I’ll have to buy new clothes!

So after the laundry fiasco, I went grocery shopping…nothing exciting happened there but as soon as I got home, Eric called. 

Eric: “You want the good news or bad news?” 
Kim: “Ah, bad news?”
Eric: “I got a flat tire and I’m at Tires Plus in Hopkins, we are getting 4 new tires.”
Kim: “So what’s the good news?”
Eric: “I drove on the flat for about 3 miles and didn’t wreck your rim! Can you come pick me up? It will be a while.”

So at this point I put away the frozen/fridge food and rushed out the door.  Well the snow storm from Thursday has played havoc on our roads, they still weren’t cleaned off and it was a struggle to get to Hopkins. But the manager at Tires Plus said that the snow packed roads are probably why Eric didn’t wreck the rim.  So yay for the snow.  The silly thing is we have AAA; it could have been towed but I digress…

When I picked him up, I told him there is no way I’m going home, just to coming back so we went and had an early dinner and bummed around Target for about an hour before heading back to Tires Plus.  The stores hours go until 6pm so I thought for sure the car would be done soon...wrong…we didn’t get out of there until almost 8:30pm.  There went most of my day.  No 4:30 Mass, no running. :(  The funny thing is the tire pressure indicator on the car never came on when Eric had the flat but when he was driving home it came on…with four brand new tires full of air. LOL!  Stupid car.

I ran 12 miles this week.  Not bad considering I didn’t run yesterday.  Sunday I went outside and enjoyed the somewhat warmer temperatures.  The snow made for a slow run and I ran on the road for part of it.  Monday I ran 2.5 miles and my only comment in my Nike+ entry was F-ing Snow.  Wednesday was still nice enough to go outside. I did 3.3 miles, the long run of the week.  I didn’t have any expletives to describe the run so it was must have been fine. I know it was snow packed so I ran on the road a lot but my time was very slow. Thursday we got 10 inches of snow (after rain) so there is no way I’d run outside.  Band was canceled but the Community Center track is closed on Thursdays so I just stayed home and watched the Olympics.  Friday I did 3 miles at the Community Center. It was nice to be faster again.  But not as fast I would like.  I have less than a week to get 12 miles in to reach 50 miles this month…I don’t think I’ll make it. :(

Training Recap
Miles ran in 2014:  89.3 miles (only 310.7 miles left to go)

Week 21 Mileage: Swim = 0 miles; Bike = 0 miles; Run = 12.2 miles; Total = 12.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment