We made it 9 years!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Sweet Martha Cookies, Milk and a Simpsons poster...look
who had a good day

Well Thursday marked our 9th Anniversary. We made it this far! Yay!  We celebrated by camping with Danielle and Bradley on Wednesday night. DJ, Abbie and Ethan joined us for s’mores. It was a great night for fire and camping. The weather was perfect, it didn’t rain and it wasn’t too cold or too hot.  We spent our day at the Minnesota State Fair.  It was such a nice day.  We got to see things we don’t normally see at the Fair like the Parade and Exhibits at the DNR building.  We saw a demonstration of hawks that are being rehabilitated at the rapture center.  They were so fast to swoop up their prey.  It was very cool.  We had the usually favorites like cheese curds, corn on the cob, deep fat fried Milky Way and Sweet Martha Cookies and milk.  It was such a great day.  We spent over 6 hours at the fair.
Also this past week…
On Wednesday, before the camping, I worked at Ameriprise’s Habitat for Humanity build.  I got to paint trim all day.  I’m such a disaster when it comes to painting.  I was covered in white paint. But I wasn’t at work so I guess that was a good thing.
Friday wasn’t very exciting.  Eric had his company picnic in the afternoon so I got to ditch work at 3pm because he picked me after the picnic which got done early.  I also went for a run and that was about it.
Saturday was a dismal day. It was raining most of the day.  We went to Marine on St. Croix for Andrew and Ann Kirn’s open house.  They bought Andrew’s mom’s house and did some updates. It was amazing. What a beautiful house and the yard…wow it was awesome. I’m so jealous…but not jealous about the commute.  It took us over an hour to get there from our house. I also went for a run in the evening.  3.25 miles.
Sunday we bummed around Eden Prairie Mall and in the evening Greg, Celeste, and Evelyn came over to visit.  After that I went for another run.  Yep I ran 3 days in a row.  I did 2 miles but it was the fastest 2 mile ever outside for me so I was happy. 
Last night we had another Twins game.  It was a pitchers’ duel which I really appreciate because the game only lasted 2 hours and 10 minutes.  I was home by 10:30 and in bed by 11.   Of course no run yesterday.
Speaking of running…
I’m not sure how much running I will be getting in this week.  It is supposed to be really hot all week and I don’t do well when it comes to running in heat.  I’m going to try tonight.  I’m also going to try something new tonight…the Jeff Galloway Method.  Basically you run for a set amount of time and then walk a minute.  Apparently it makes you run longer and faster and you feel better at the end.  People swear by it.  But then there are others that say that it really isn’t running then.  I’m not sure about this but I’ll give it a try.  Actually there might be some truth to it because when I was doing this at the Community Center and my mile pace was much faster.  Plus if it is going to be hot it might be good for me to walk a minute to “cool off.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment