On our way to HOTlanta

Friday, May 25, 2012

I’m so glad this week is almost over.  It hasn’t been a very good week or a really bad week.  It has been a wet, rainy and dreary week. It was hard to go to work on Monday after the long weekend.  I got a run in Monday night, just over 3 miles.  Eric had a soccer game Monday night that didn’t go too well.  His AR came off the line to argue with a player.  Eric was so stressed when he got home.  And to top it off, he still hadn’t finished his homework so I was up until midnight helping him.  I was not a happy camper!
Tuesday I dragged him for a walk. I wanted to see how long it would take me to walk my running route.  I was very happy to find out that I run 3-4 minutes faster per mile.  So that’s good. 
Eric had another soccer game on Wednesday.  The game only lasted 7 minutes before the lightening started to strike.  That was the easiest $40 he has ever made.   I went shopping. I needed some clothes and I had to pick up a book for Eric so he could write his papers (which he still hasn’t started…ARGH!)  He is such a procrastinator, it drives me nuts!
Yesterday we had a “Lunch 'n Leave.”  Basically we go to lunch as a team and don’t go back to work.  It is nice but the weather was so crappy that I went home and took a nap.  Exciting, eh?
Today is the last day of work for me until June 5th…but technically that isn’t true as I’m working 4 hours on May 31st.   But that is purely for logistics reasons (I need a ride to the airport for a mid-day flight…so I might as well work 4 hours and take the light rail to the airport).
Tomorrow we are flying to Atlanta (aka Hotlanta).  It is supposed to be in the mid-90s the whole time we are there: hot, Hot, HOT!  We have all sorts of things planned.  We are starting our trip in Tuskegee with Eric’s Uncle Dennis and Aunt Beverly.   Very Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment